Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long Wharf Boston

It was a cold, rainy, dreary June day in Boston in 2006 ... a 'blue' day. But, I was only in town for a couple of days, and this was my last. I would not be deterred; I had to capture the likeness of the beautiful Long Wharf, no matter the weather, no matter the obstacle. I set up my easel and went to work. I was fortunate that the weather was bad, because the wharf was still in the improvement stage, half of it being fenced off and inaccessible, and the workers, unable to function in the rain, had the day off. I worked quickly, completing my task in record time, then sped off to the airport to catch my flight. [Click To Enlarge]




















For a truly artistic rendering of Long Wharf take a look at this awesome photo by Fenix at Bostoncapes.

3 comments:

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Nice!!

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

That's the airport tower, in the background, yes? Hmmmm, when I enlarge the picture I'm not sure... But, if that's the tower, then maybe your "Boston Harbor" shot was taken from Commercial Wharf?

Nice painting ;D and thanks for the compliments, you are too kind!

BeanTownBoy said...

Fenix: Yes, that is the airport tower. It could be Commercial Wharf, but I can't really remember what the "back side" of the wharf looked like, lol. I probably went to that wharf several times a week in the late 70's, but have no clue. I just spent a few minutes on Google maps trying to figure it out with street view (amazing tool), but no luck.

You are incredibly talented, I couldn't say enough about that!