Sunday, February 17, 2008

Boston Harbor

I took a photo of a couple of boats docked at one of the wharves in Boston Harbor sometime in the late 70's. I was just wandering around the waterfront, when I spotted the two old and rusting boats, and I loved the scene. When I had the film developed, I was terribly disappointed, because the picture was just too dark and didn't look very good. I hated myself. But, then, I decided I might be able to salvage the scene by creating a watercolor of the photo. I can't remember what wharf this is - maybe Fenix can help me out with this. You can see the Logan Airport tower in the background. [Click To Enlarge]

8 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

My first thought was Charlestown, because of the position of the tower, but I really couldn't tell.

Nice painting! ;D

Isadora said...

This is your watercolor??? Can't believe all the talent I've encountered on the web. You must know I'm very envious. :)

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Great watercolour!

Clueless in Boston said...

Very nice watercolor. I echo Isadora's sentiments. Color me jealous:)

BeanTownBoy said...

Fenix: This will drive me crazy until I know! I know how you like to get into every nook and cranny of Boston with your camera, so I'll be waiting for your discovery, lol.

Isadora: Don't envy ... aspire! I joke, of course, I don't have any talent to speak of, lol.

Lynn: Boats! We were thinking alike on this post. Thank you.

Clueless: Thank you. I'm jealous of the way you create astounding photos and make it seem effortless!

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Next time I'm in Chalestown I'll take a pic from Pier 8, that's where I think you can see the tower in that position. I shall check the view from Commercial wharf also. We'll find out, but it might take a few weeks (too wicked cold for pitchas right now, ya know). ;D

Jim's (Clueless in Boston) photos are splendid, indeed.

BeanTownBoy said...

Fenix: Thank you so much! You are more than special.

Flying Solo said...

It turn very good!!
If someone told me it was in Lisbon I would belive it.