Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Big Three



Here's a picture I took of the Boston Celtics off of my TV! I'd like to say this is the Championship Game from 1984, but I really have no idea what game it is. (You know how you think you're always gonna remember everything? LOL)

I'm pretty sure, unless my eyes are deceiving me, that's Larry Bird, Robert Parrish, and Kevin McHale in the picture ... Boston's Big Three at the time.

I'm posting this because of what's going on right now with the Celtics - shocked by Atlanta and headed for a deciding seventh game tomorrow in Boston - the Big Three of today: Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce have to produce for their fans!

4 comments:

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

I love these tv screen shots, specially on B&W!!!

Unknown said...

Hi BeanTown,
I like the "old fashion" B&W look of this picture. It's neat. Did you take the picture yourself?
Can't comment on the game itself(I'm not a big fan), but my son is.

Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

What a team back then eh?

BeanTownBoy said...

Sailor Girl: Thanks! I'll see if I have any more I can resurrect, lol.

Dorothee: Thank you! I did take this myself, sometime in the 80's. I used to take a lot of b&w back then.

Rich: It was an amazing team. I watched the Celtics lose last night in Cleveland - it just seemed so blah!!

Sorry it took me so long to respond to the comments! I appreciate you guys!