Saturday, April 12, 2008

Go Directly to Bostonscapes by Fénix



That's a photo of the Boston Skyline I took in the late '80s given the comic book style treatment. I'm posting it just so I can tell you about Bostonscapes by Fénix. She has been publishing a companion blog to her regular blog featuring her Neighborhood Series. If it is possible that you haven't been to her blog lately, or ever, this is a must see series. She has compiled all of the photos from her series in the past year and is presenting them in one post for each neighborhood. The series started last Monday with the Back Bay, and has moved on to Beacon Hill, The Financial District, The North End, Boston Harbor, and the Seaport District. It is an ongoing series, as Boston has many neighborhoods. Please don't miss it!!

Having been born and brought up in Boston, and having lived there until I lost my mind and moved to Florida, some of her posts bring me close to tears because of the memories they evoke. But, I'm a big strong man, so I don't actually break down, lol.

4 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Ok, I'm starting to worry now...

(BTW, I just found something you've gotta see. Enjoy! :)

BeanTownBoy said...

LOL

What an awesome series of photos!! That's an amazing compilation put together by that guy. Unfortunately, I didn't see any Tremont Street trolleys. I really liked seeing the shots of places I'm so familiar with. Coolidge Corner then doesn't compare with the Coolidge corner you presented recently, lol. I think I've been on just about every trolley line at one time or another. Thanks for giving me that link!

Unknown said...

Hi Beantown,
That's a very interesting treatment which emphasizes quite well the John Hancock tower.
It does seem to me that you have lost your mind Beantown! :-)

Pearl Maple said...

Followed your link from Sky Watch Friday, knowing just what BeanTown means. Have travelled a long way from home and always enjoy visits via other's blogs.

Thanks for sharing the link to BeanTown news, great way to catch up with all the important sports teams and your wonderful photos.